Re: gEDA-user: git HEAD PCB now supports user-defined holes in polygons

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 15:34 +0100, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Jun 2010 12:46:12 +0000 (UTC), Kai-Martin Knaak
> <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > * You moved zoom to [ctrl-wheel]. I know, that this is in line with the
> > way other major gnome applications like inkscape handle zoom. However,
> > gschem and gerbv zoom with no modifier by default. I'd strongly vote for
> > a consistent behaviour across geda applications.
>
> I would like to see Ctrl+Wheel for zoom across gEDA applications. Several
> people, myself and Peter C. included, have laptops where the touchpad has
> two-axis scrolling along the bottom and right-hand edges.  Having different
> behaviours depending on which edge you hit is confusing.  Scroll as scroll
> makes sense to me.

Actually, my touch pad only has a vertical scrolling edge, but I can't
use gEDA / PCB effectively after having used _any_ other apps in GNOME.

My workaround has been to patch my local defaults to be the GNOME'y
default of Ctrl+Scroll == ZOOM. In the cases of gschem and PCB, this is
just a matter of editing a config file.

If I handed either app to a brand-new user, I'd feel more comfortable
giving them the defaults I use - but wouldn't want to inflict the change
on existing users.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,