Re: gEDA-user: git HEAD PCB now supports user-defined holes in polygons

Peter Clifton wrote:

> On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 15:34 +0100, Peter TB Brett wrote:
> > Scroll as scroll makes sense to me.

IMHO, the simplest shortcuts should be mapped to the most frequently used
actions. In an editor, or on a web page I hardly zoom. So it makes sense to
map it to some modifier-shortcut. By contrast, with pcb, gschem, or gerbv I
zoom in and out all the time. The less effort this requires, the better.
[ctrl-scroll] would have my left little finger glued to the ctrl-key. ;-)

> Actually, my touch pad only has a vertical scrolling edge, but I can't
> use gEDA / PCB effectively after having used any other apps in GNOME.

Fair enough. I feel the same when I switch from varicad with yet a different
mapping of zoom ([ctrl-shift-drag]).

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak