Re: gEDA-user: Garbage drawn outside of pcb board area

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 09:14:12PM +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:

> > You were right - it seems the driver is at fault... It wasn't always
> > like that so I'll try to track down what change broke the rendering.
>
> It might not be the driver's fault if I'm doing evil things like making
> GL calls out of valid context setup. (Which I was).
>
> The patch I sent should (as far as I know) avoid the offending drawing
> calls, but it does not 100% guarantee that nothing else calls a drawing
> routine directly when it shouldn't.
>
> I assume from your response that the patch didn't get rid of the rubbish
> on screen. I'm not sure what to suggest trying next. Perhaps I could
> produce a patch which extends the locking to every drawing call, just in
> case something slipping past.

No, the patch did not fix the "rubbish issue", just the segfault.

> We could look at whether it is possible to trim down various drawing
> calls / methods, and see at what point the rubbish goes away.

If this is present even for empty boards, then there aren't many things
that get drawn (cursor, selection, background?)  This could be a viable
option.

> Is it present for all boards, (including blank), or does it depend on
> what you have on the board?

It is present for all boards I've tested, including blank.  It manifests
itself only in the area not occupied by the board, or outside the
drawing area. If I zoom in and the full window is occupied with the
board, I can see no garbage.

Best regards,
--
Krzysztof KoÅciuszkiewicz
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -- Leonardo da Vinci