Re: gEDA-user: Segfault on startup and garbage drawn outside of pcb board area

> > LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 pcb ...
>
> This one removes the "garbage".
>
> > and or
> >
> > LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 pcb ...
>
> This one does not...

> You were right - it seems the driver is at fault... It wasn't always
> like that so I'll try to track down what change broke the rendering.

It might not be the driver's fault if I'm doing evil things like making
GL calls out of valid context setup. (Which I was).

The patch I sent should (as far as I know) avoid the offending drawing
calls, but it does not 100% guarantee that nothing else calls a drawing
routine directly when it shouldn't.

I assume from your response that the patch didn't get rid of the rubbish
on screen. I'm not sure what to suggest trying next. Perhaps I could
produce a patch which extends the locking to every drawing call, just in
case something slipping past.

We could look at whether it is possible to trim down various drawing
calls / methods, and see at what point the rubbish goes away.

Is it present for all boards, (including blank), or does it depend on
what you have on the board?

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton