Re: gEDA-user: git HEAD PCB now supports user-defined holes in polygons

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 13:35:55 +0200, Armin Faltl wrote:

> kai-martin knaak wrote:
>> Back in 1999 Microstation by Bentley did it this way:
>>
>> left click = do the default action
>>
>> right-click-drag = a horizontal menu with several icons representing
>> different modes of the tool appears. The icon that is highlicghted on
>> mouse button release is executed.
>>
>> right-click = the horizontal appears. Left-click on an icon makes this
>> mode the default of the tool.
>>
> Right click is a very ergonomic action so I'd like to reserve it for
> something IMO more important

The right mouse button functionality I described, is exclusive to the
mode buttons. It does not interfere in any way with right-mouse functions
during routing, or on objects.

> The use of the right mouse button to get back one level in handler
> hierarchy is very convenient for me. It's a feature I learned to
> love with QCad

The concept of a hierarchy of tools is one of the aspects I explicitly
dislike with qcad. It is a pain to constantly move up and down this
hierarchy and keep the current position in the hierarchy in mind. The
most important tools should be readily available, no matter what.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211