Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb (gnetlist) generates corrupted pcb output

That is interesting.

The only possibility I can think of is that my system is 64-bit.

I built my own gEDA from newest official tarball (1.6.1-20100214 <http://geda.seul.org/release/v1.6/1.6.1/geda-gaf-1.6.1.tar.gz>), with all default options ("./configure", "make", "make install").

I did remove all the pcb files every time. My testing command was "rm -f board* && gsch2pcb project && pcb board.pcb".

I'll post the corrupted file later when I get home.

Thanks

Matthew

kai-martin knaak wrote:
Matthew Lai wrote:

Basically, I have a .sch with nothing other than 41 identical capacitors
(footprint doesn't matter, I've tried RADIAL CAN and 0603) except for
refdes. The .sch looks right in text editor, but when it's run through
gsch2pcb, the resulting .pcb contains weird corruptions.

Hmm. I can't reproduce here. I let gsch2pcb process your 41 capacitors test case. There was no trouble opening the resulting layout. All capacitors are in place. See the attached layout.

Just a wild guess: Did you remove the corrupt *.pcb file from previous trials before running gsch2pcb? gsch2pcb will try to recycle an existing layout file.
---<)kaimartin(>---