Re: gEDA-user: homebrew UV photoplotter for direct exposing of photo-etch-resist on laminate

Dave McGuire wrote:
  I'm seriously considering putting together a laser plotter
specifically because I've never gotten good results with toner transfer. :-(

Me too.  The edges of the toner of my printer are just so so.

With the resist on the copper clad laminate, this method has fewest steps
to process.

Not sure what he meant by, "Not exactly sure, estimate around 0.2mm.

i can improve on that, by using a shadowmask though."  Is he meaning a mask
around the laser diode output to limit its beam angle?

What does that purple mask material look like to you all?
Seems to be liquid applied from the imperfect edges.  Could it be dry film resist?

John