Re: gEDA-user: Re: gEDA: gEDA/gaf 20030223 source tarballs released.

Hi Richard,

>Can I make a request for the next version? It would be good if the
>rotate command was consistant between the place operation and the edit
>operation.  The mouse and/or the key should work for rotating parts in
>both scenarios - two different and exclusive commands for the same (from
>a  user perspective) operation doesn't make sense. Just a minor
>usability gripe...

	I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  gschem current
behavior is:

	When placing a component you can click the middle button and
the component outline will rotate, hence allowing you to place a rotated
component.

	When you rotate a already placed component, you select the
component and then either 1) type "er" and the component rotates using
the current mouse position as the origin or 2) Pick Edit/Rotate 90 Mode
and click at the origin point and the component rotates around this point.

	I guess in my mind, place and rotate are two seperate operations.
Please elaborate on what you mean by the above paragraph.  Thanks.

								-Ales