Re: gEDA-user: Building geda under Windows

>    Eh...people are moving away from Windows in droves.

Yes, the smart ones.  Note that I am typing this message on a Linux box. :-)

> so why should gEDA be any different in that regard?  Ten years ago I
> may have agreed, but nowadays the use of Windows is shrinking, not
> growing.

I have no desire to help Windows grow either.  Windows is simply a current
business reality in the cooperate world.  I am all for changing reality, this
one is no fun.

>  I think we need to find a way to sneak a gEDA-supported platform into
> your workplace. :)

You mean like on my personal ThinkPad Laptop hooked up over the wireless
network, running TightVNC to control the multi-user login sessions?
No I would never do such a thing, might make the IT department write an other
Dilbert Cartoon when he finds it under the stack of boxes under my work
bench, if such a thing where to be done. ;-)

>  Seeing good software on non-Windows platforms is yet another reason
> for people to dump Windows, while making it available on Windows
> provides no motivation to do so.

They have to know such software exists first.  All along I have been telling
the people at work that PCB does work better and faster when not running
under Cygwin, trying to get them motivated.  Few software packages are
adopted with out a good demo first.