Re: gEDA-user: Building geda under Windows

On Mar 4, 2005, at 9:24 PM, Bob Paddock wrote:
Like it or not gEDA and PCB need to run on Windows, even if it is under Cygwin
and/or Mingw. While Windows is certainly more evil that all other platforms,
it should not get any less treatment than any other platform.

Eh...people are moving away from Windows in droves. Those who stick with it will be left behind by the rest of the modern software world, so why should gEDA be any different in that regard? Ten years ago I may have agreed, but nowadays the use of Windows is shrinking, not growing.

I think we need to find a way to sneak a gEDA-supported platform into your workplace. :)

Seeing good non-Windows EDA applications on Windows is good marketing to get
everyone on board to move to a way from Windows.

Seeing good software on non-Windows platforms is yet another reason for people to dump Windows, while making it available on Windows provides no motivation to do so.

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
Cape Coral, FL                             -Gary Nichols