Re: gEDA-user: Gattrib bugs fixed (hopefully). Please test!!

El jue, 10-03-2005 a las 07:29 -0500, Dan McMahill escribió:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 07:13:20AM -0500, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> > Hi again --

> > > Do you have Spanish language turned on when you build gEDA/gattrib?
> > > Some of the Pango stuff used to draw cells  and other graphical
> > > widgets relies on the I18N stuff.  I am wondering if something is
> > > misconfigured for a Spanish build, or if I have not done the right
> > > thing for I18N.  I wonder if anybody has tried to build gattrib in,
> > > say, German?
> >
> > OK, I set the LC_ALL, LANG, and LC_MESSAGES variables to spanish, and
> > ran gattrib.  It had no problems, so I guess I18N isn't the culprit.
> > (BTW, there were no translations of the text.  Hmmm. . . .  eventually
> > I'll have to provide some hooks for translators.)  BTW: gschem ran
> > fine with these env vars set, and the translations also showed up, so
> > I guess I did the right thing.
>
> what was the original bug, or restated, how can I try to reproduce it?

Just running gattrib with any schematic.

By the way, I have very good news!!

I got gattrib working for the first time!!.

After some googling, I realized that the "default_border" and
"default_outside_border" properties are used with gtkrc and GTK themes.
So.... I just changed my desktop theme to another less complex and I run
gattrib: it worked without problems!!.
Then I went back to my current theme, and gattrib failed.... no need to
recompile.

My current theme (the one making gattrib fail) is a based on the nuvola
theme, with the following selections:
	- Controls: Nuvola theme.
	- Windows border: Nuvola-old.
	- Icons: nuvola.
Just changing Controls setting to a simpler theme makes gattrib begin
working.

GTK expects these properties when using some themes, so I guess that if
these properties are added to gtksheet, it won't fail....

They are declared as:
static GtkBorder default_default_border = { 1, 1, 1, 1 };
static GtkBorder default_default_outside_border = { 0, 0, 0, 0 };

(See an example at:
http://www.dragoninc.on.ca/mail-archives/gtk-devel/2001-11/0484.html )

However I didn't find any documentation about them at gtk website... :(

Cheers,

Carlos

P.S.: Dan, I sent an email for a few times to your private address, but it didn't reach you.
Thanks for reporting the bug about deprecated guile functions. I made the patch a while ago,
before those functions where removed and I didn't noticed it when I was preparing it for the
CVS version. Thanks!!