Re: gEDA-user: gEDA install, gerbv barfs

On Sun, Mar 13, 2005 at 07:44:19AM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 12 March 2005 20:45, Daniel Nilsson wrote:
> >On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 08:01:12PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> >> Greetings;
> >>
> >> System is kernel 2.6.11.2, fedora core 2 with lots of mods.
> >>
> >> I dl'd the cd image and burnt that.  Then installed it, which went
> >> nominally except for grebv, its having a problem with the
> >> ./configure spitting out this:
> >>
> >> checking for gdk-pixbuf-config... no
> >> checking for GDK_PIXBUF - version >= 0.2.5... no
> >> *** The gdk-pixbuf-config script installed by GDK_PIXBUF could not
> >> be found
> >
> >I'm not familiar with Fedora, but is there a gdk-pixbuf-devel
> > package ? Seems like that might be what is missing here...
> [root@coyote gerbv-0.16]# yum install gdk-pixbuf-devel
> Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
> Server: Fedora Core 2 - i386 - Base
> Server: Dag APT Repository
> Server: Fedora.us Extras (Stable)
> Server: Fedora.us Extras (Testing)
> Server: Fedora.us Extras (Unstable)
> Server: FreshRPMs
> Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (stable)
> Server: Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages (testing)
> Damaged or Bad header.info from Livna.org - Fedora Compatible Packages
> (testing)
> This is probably because of a downed server or an invalid header.info
> on a repository.
> -------------
> Thats what I get back from yum.
> Here is my yum.conf (FC2 box)

Gene,

Seems like there was such a package in FC2 then, but I don't know yum
so I can't be of much help. Just a thought though, seems like you are
trying to pull RPMs from a large number of sources here. Could you try
to reduce the number of sources and try again ?

Could someone else that knows RH help ?

--
Daniel Nilsson