gEDA-user: local oly mode for syms and footprints

Hi.

I'd like to keep all symbols and footprints that a project needs in a
local directory. This would allow for easy transfer to some other
computer (e.g. my laptop). Also, as a geda newbie I like to think that
everything is under control. No mixing with dubious libs...

This topic was on this list a few days ago and DJ Delorie wrote:
/-------------
> For gschem, put a "gschemrc" file in your working directory that looks
> like this:
>
> (component-library "./syms")
>
> It doesn't take out the existing files, but you could just delete them ;-)
>
> For PCB (gtk version), use File->Preferences->Library
>
> Set it to something like "~/geda/pcb-hid/share/pcb/newlib".  You may
> have to restart PCB to take effect.
\------------

Following the advice, it was possible to add my local repository to the
system but the tools still seem to see all the global syms and foots.
For example gschem still presents all the generic symbols that come with
the distribution. Now, this is ok with gschem as I can take symbols from
my local repository only. But what about gsch2pcb? How can I prevent
this tool to search the systems libs and even the M4 footprints.

Any additional hints?

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak