Re: gEDA-user: IPC-D-356 usage?

Dan,

In talking just yesterday to the board fab vendor we use, I'm not sure IPC-D-356 output is that important. They told us that they extract connectivity info directly from the gerber data we give them. They check the results of the bare board test (flying probe) against the extracted connectivity info. I asked them if they wanted any data from me to help with their test (netlist, etc.) and they said no. Just one data point.

Joe T

Dan McMahill wrote:

Anyone have experience using this for communicating bare board test info to a board vendor? Or can vendors just extract this from RS-274-X and NC-Drill files?

Is this something that it would be of value to have PCB export?

-Dan