Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Stale rat's nest?

DJ Delorie wrote:
* Manually open the board from the Project Manager. PCB will report that there is no font information included in the board, and that it's reverting to the default font.

This is normal, although I suppose we could just not bother with that
message.

* You'll see a single 14-pin IC in the upper-left corner. Zoom in
on it. Notice something missing? There should be two rat lines on
the board, connecting three pins together. Ok, maybe they're just
not being drawn? Hit 'o' to optimize the netlist and PCB will
complain that there is no netlist loaded.

Older pcb's didn't support netlists *in* the pcb file itself.  Since
we do now, perhaps gsch2pcb could just put the netlist in the newly
created file?

this is good for the initial board, but doesn't quite work when you forward annotate changes to pcb.

perhaps the forward annotation should be done by writing out a pcb actions file which has actions to instantiate the new footprints and load the newly created netlist?

-Dan