Re: gEDA-user: PCB: Stale rat's nest?

Vanessa Dannenberg wrote:
On Thursday 02 March 2006 18:28, DJ Delorie wrote:

Otherwise, yeah, an action script might be the best way to "import"
changes into pcb while it's running.

Rather than that, how about a function analagous to XMMS' commandline options?

That is, if XMMS is already running, and you issue `xmms -s` from a commandline someplace, the currently running iteration will stop playing. -f skips forward, -t pauses or plays, etc.

That way, gSchem or gEDA can call PCB with the switch, telling it "update your current board file with the changes found in difference file xyz". That would facilitate nearly seamless forward annotation.

I want this sort of feature for other reasons too. I want to click on a component in gschem and have pcb select the same thing. I've actually been working on this some on the gschem side and mostly have the gschem end "working" in that it spits out pcb actions to a tmp file so I can see what its doing.

-Dan