Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbols.org update

I have my own fairly complete schematic symbol and footprint
libraries. I would like to make them as accessable as possible,
but there are some problems.

With the schematic symbols, the standard gschem style is not
used. The all have pins on 100 mil centers. Since they are so
different, should I just leave them on my website or should I
put them on gedasymbols.org ? Currently they are only available
from my subversion repository ( svn://dlharmon.com/geda/sym )
If there is interest, I will sort them out into tested and
untested and place them on gedasymbols. There are many high pin
count parts in this library.

Most of my pcb footprint library is generated with footgen. I
really don't want to put these footprints on the web as they
should be generated by the user. I will post my hand edited
footprints to gedasymbols.org

I am currently working on a CGI interface to footgen. Maybe
the sets of parameters used to generate successful footprints
could be placed on gedasymbols.org and a link provided to the
CGI where they could be either generated as is or edited and
then generated. I would like to find a way to include the
footgen parameters in the footprint file as a comment so that
a footgen created footprint could be easily edited with footgen
if changes were needed.

--
Darrell Harmon
http://dlharmon.com