Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbols.org update

> With the schematic symbols, the standard gschem style is not
> used. The all have pins on 100 mil centers. Since they are so
> different, should I just leave them on my website or should I put
> them on gedasymbols.org ?

*I* don't mind.  I'd rather offer the user the choice, but marking
them as to which "standard" (gEDA or compact) they use would be a good
idea.

> If there is interest, I will sort them out into tested and untested

Another thing to note.

> I am currently working on a CGI interface to footgen.

I don't mind hosting CGIs on gedasymbols (the machine itself is quite
capable of that, including psql and other tools.  However, for
security reasons, I don't normally allow just anyone to upload
executable content.  I'd rather review it and upload it myself.

The system does allow for granting people that priviledge, though, if
I think it makes sense to do so.

Or, if you want to host the form on gedasymbols and the engine on your
own machine, that's OK too.  Whatever it takes to connect the users to
the footprints ;-)

I also don't mind helping with the cgi interface part, if that makes
sense too.