Re: gEDA-user: gedasymbols.org update

On Sunday 05 March 2006 13:07, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > I have uploaded several symbols and footprints to gedasymbols.org
>
> I noticed.  You found a bug in the EPS exporter in pcb, too, which I
> fixed.
>
> > I placed my symbols for the blackfin in
> > user/darrell_harmon/symbols/blackfin Is this acceptable or do I need
> > to put all my symbols in user/darrell_harmon/symbols for your
> > indexing to work?
>
> That's fine.
>
> > Have you decided on keywords for tested/untested and geda
> > style/compact yet?
>
> Nope.  Make stuff up and we'll see what works ;-)

I wonder if there is a way to implement user comments to a symbol so other
users can indicate their experiences?  We have found a few symbols on the net
or that are included with PCB that probably worked very well for someone
else, but caused us problems.  It might be helpful if users could post
comments like 'beware if you use this with Moldar rev A part' or 'shape is
great for the Whizding parts, but the origin is in pin one instead of the
centroid of the part so pick-and-place had fits with it.'

Any thoughts on an easy way to implement user comments?