Re: gEDA-user: OT: lead-free question

> I have heard that there exist lead free components that are not
> compatible with traditional lead based
> processes, but I've yet to see one. In fact, every part that I've seen
> has a tin matte plating. I hear this
> from vendors, but I have never see it (Other than parts that never were
> lead compatible even prior to
> RoHS...). I am beginning to wonder how much of this is FUD..
>
> Stuart - Do you know anyone who has actually seen any...?... For that
> matter, has anyone on this list *actually*
> seen it?

I haven't seen any, but I haven't looked either.

My day job is at a company which stuck its head in the sand regarding
RoHS for several years.  Then, we found an opt-out clause in the
relevant EU directives which our lawyers interpreted as exempting us.
Therefore, it isn't something I need to actively worry about.
However, I do try to keep it on my radar screen and read about it when
I need to.  But I haven no *practical* experience with any RoHS
processes or issues.

Stuart