Re: gEDA-user: Embedded Power Pins

> The gschem logic symbols seem to have embedded Vcc and GND connections
> (at least the ones that I was looking at). Since I am working on a
> board that has 3.3V and 5V logic this is a problem.
>
> I created a script that takes a logic symbol with embedded Vcc and GND
> nets and creates (1) a new symbol with the power nets removed and (2)
> a new symbol with two power pins. My plan is to place power symbols
> (and decoupling caps) for each IC in a separate section of my
> schematic.

Why not to replace all net= attributes in all symbols with another one (as
power= ).  Then after placing the symbol the small utility in gschem can
connect power to apropriate net (to simulate current behaviour) or a separate
power symbol can be added manually/automatically. DRC may then check power=
attribute when testing the circiut.

Wojciech Kazubski