Re: gEDA-user: help with linux install please

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 01:03:51AM +0000, Marc Price wrote:
> Gene
>
> have you looked at gentoo you can get lots of help with this linux
> distro on irssi or x-chat
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/
>
> /join #gentoo
>
> or
>
> /join #gentoo-amd64
>
> they have a very good community who is always helpfull nice manuals too.

According to my theory the gentoo system is buggy because they are
applying tons of unauthorized patches which are written by people that
think they understand the program, but actually don't. Look at the long
list of patches when something is being compiled. If you try fighting
this phenomenon by sending too much patches, they ban your account. I am
having this on my system.

If I strike a bug in gentoo and remove the package and download and
compile manually, the problem is often gone. That supports my theory.

The only system that was running smoothly was LFS - I suggest to put the
effort to make a smooth install that is independent from distro, that's
equivalent to LFS.

CL<