Re: gEDA-user: Embedded Power Pins

On Sun, Mar 05, 2006 at 02:03:23AM +0100, kmk wrote:
> Stuart Brorson wrote:
>
> > FWIW, I wrote a blurb about this question for the wiki a couple of
> > weeks ago.  Here it is:
> >
> > http://geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:faq-gschem#what_should_i_do_about_power_pins_on_my_symbolsmake_them_visible_explicit_or_invisible_implicit
>
> Well, I agree only half way with you.
> It is true, that power pins in analog circuits should be visible on the
> schematic. But having them on attached to the triangular shape is not

What is analog and what is digital circuit? Is Ronja Nebulus analog or
digital circuit? http://ronja.twibright.com/schematics/nebulus.png

I hold an opinion that Ronja Nebulus shows there is no sharp border
between analog and digital and therefore there shouldn't be separation
to analog and digital regarding drawing powers in the schematic. I
suggest the one with explicit powers be used because I once needed to
power crystal oscillator over an RC filter and it made problems because
it shorted the RC over.

CL<