Re: gEDA-user: gnucap has problems with text-named nodes?

On Monday 06 March 2006 13:31, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> This circuit suggests that if two text named nodes are named
> one prefix of the other somehow with respect to the
> underscores, then the gnucap is generating open circuit:
> internal node 6.

You didn't say which version.

I tried it on the current version and confirmed that "open
circuit: internal node 6" message.

The bug is that it reports internal node 6 rather than the name
it corresponds to.  I know about that one.  It's on the list.
In this case, it could be any node because they all are
separated from ground by capacitors.  So, aside from the
ambiguous internal node 6, the behavior is correct.

Named nodes work as they should, except that they are case
sensitive.  Underscores are not a problem.

The problem in this circuit is that the out_ nodes really are
"open" as seen by a DC analysis.  There is no DC path to
ground.  You can suppress the warning with ".option nowarn",
but I don't recommend it.  You can also suppress it by
increasing the value of the option "gmin".

It might work better when you finish the circuit.

You didn't ask, but "basic" and "quiet" are implied when you
redirect the output of a command.