Re: gEDA-user: Style of rats nest lines

On Tue, 7 Mar 2006 09:31:13 -0500
DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > is there a way to configure the linewidth and the color of the rats?
> > I'd prefer thin continuous lines rather than the semitransparent thick
> > lines of the default configuration.
>
> The rat color and thickness are global settings which, in theory, can
> be controlled.  The Gtk pcb doesn't seem to have an option for rat
> thickness, although rat color can be changed in the
> File->Preferences->Colors->Other dialog
>
> In the HID pcb, rat lines are solid (because HID doesn't have a
> "dashed line" api due to laziness on my part) and the rat lines can be
> configured with the --rat-color and --rat-thickness command line
> options (or .Xdefaults for lestif, see below).  Bill is still working
> on the gtk HID configuration stuff, maybe he can chime in here with
> gtk-hid-specific information.
>
> Pcb.rat-thickness: 1
> Pcb.rat-color:     #00ff00

Yes, the gtk HID has File->Preferences->Colors where you can
configure "rat-color".  There's no rat-thickness yet, but the Preferences
will be expanded and rat linewidth would be a good one to add in.

And for any options ultimately not accessible via the Preferences
window, in addition to using the command line, you'll be able to put
settings lines (like rat-thickness, etc) in a pcbrc file such as ~/.pcb/pcbrc
or /etc/pcbrc.

Bill