Re: gEDA-user: Soldering fine pitch chips

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 09:41:49AM +0100, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> Do you think this method could be used to solder down fined pitch chips
> like 1mm 0.7mm or whatever is common today?

Whilst I preferred to solder each pin individually, my colleagues used
to use a similar technique - just cover all the pins with a big blob of
solder, then use desoldering wick to remove the excess.  These were
208-pin QFPs with (IIRC) 1 mm pitch.

--
David Smith            Work Email: Dave.Smith@xxxxxx
STMicroelectronics     Home Email: David.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx