Re: gEDA-user: New project release

Vanessa Dannenberg wrote:
On Sunday 12 March 2006 15:48, ldoolitt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

There's a lot of latitude as to what constitutes "a schematic".
As long as you have a working process to generate a netlist from
source material, you're OK. Two nominally independent schematics, and a bit of perl to glue their netlists together, certainly counts.
I do stuff like that "all the time".

True, true. In this case, the two schematics were two actual drawings I made in Eagle when I first designed the 0.1.x two-piece unit. Gluing the two together would probably have been possible, but this gave me a chance to refresh my rusty skillz :-)

That said, I did first lay down a rats nest/netlist before I layed out the board, and checked that against the schematic first. Everything looks good so far.

Anyone know of a tool that can take one of Eagle's net lists and convert it into something that makes sense to PCB?

not off hand. Do you have docs for the eagle netlist format? Or for that matter, does it look fairly simple? If so, it shouldn't be hard to make one.

-Dan