Re: gEDA-user: New project release

DJ Delorie wrote:
Odd, I suppose it could be a version mismatch, I'm using a copy of
PCB fetched from CVS a week or two ago.  If the first line is line 1
(rather than 0) then line 11 just specifies the DRC rules for this
board.

Dan's been adding DRC settings, so you'll need a newer PCB to read
these files.

Yep. I added two new DRC checks (minimum drill size and minimum annular ring) just recently.

I'm wondering if we should start putting a file format version number in the comments at the top of .pcb files. We can't do much about older copies of the program, but going forward we might be able to provide a message like "this file uses version ### but you're running a version of pcb which can only understand up to version YYY of the file format".

We could maybe make the version be the date when the change which caused a version bump went into cvs. That way it might be easier to tell the exact vintage.

Thoughts?

-Dan