Re: gEDA-user: Fwd: [Open-graphics] How to get more eyes on OGD1 schematic?

Xtian Xultz wrote:
Thats the first time I had seen a part in a "U" shape... thats very ugly to me... And a lot of capacitors, all in paralell, the ICs withou power pins... how can somebody deffend that kind of design style? (I am not saying the schematic is bad, I just dislike a lot that style, but a lot of people thinks thats the best design style, which I cant understand).

Xtian
when you come up with a schematic style that looks good for any chip in a package with lots of balls (here a 672 fpga with its IO banking does not help) _please_ share it with us.

Schematics are great for something that fits on a page. Preferably a small page. Bigger than that, I think HDL wins. And there is lots of inertia.

And parts of these things , for example the power supplies, still look best (to my eye anyway) as a schematic.
john