Re: gEDA-user: Fwd: [Open-graphics] How to get more eyes on OGD1 schematic?

Em Qua 15 Mar 2006 18:56, Carlos Nieves Ãnega escreveu:
> El miÃ, 15-03-2006 a las 11:12 -0500, Dan McMahill escribiÃ:
> [snip]
>
> > I wonder if we should come up with an attribute for the symbols for
> > large parts that says "this is symbol M of of an N-symbol multi-symbol
> > component".
>
> This is an heterogeneus slotted part, where each slot has a different
> symbol. I'd love to see support for this feature.
> FMPOV, it is just a special symbol telling gschem which symbol use for
> each slot. I think the first step could be to be able to make a symbol
> with an instance of another symbol (i.e: including a symbol inside a
> symbol) and adding some attributes to it (yes, this could be called a
> heavy symbol).
> When this is done, we could think about using one symbol for each
> slot...

What about a multi-part symbol?
Like that:
For example, I wish to draw a 4 pieces symbol, wich one is made by a 32 bits
GPIO port, another with more 32 bits GPIO (it means that they will have 32
pins), one with oscillator, reset, etc, and the last with the power pins.
So, I draw the first, next to him, in the same design, the second, the third
and the fourt.
Then, to make gschem know who is who, I select the first block, place a
special attribut telling him that this is the first block, and the reference
(the 0,0 coordinate) is where I place the attribute. Then I made this for the
second, the third, and the fourt.
And then save the file as a unique symbol.

When placing the component on the schematic, gschem draws the first block. The
next component (i.e. the next click) will be the second block and so on.
IIf I want to place a block from a part in another sheet, I select the symbol
on the symbol select dialog, place the block. For example, if I wish to put
the third block only, I select the first block that I placed, right click,
and change the block, the same way used to change the slot.
It would be nice if every block has a space for a commentary, so changing the
block with the help of the commentary, like "GPIOS Port 0" and so on...

What it looks like? Too hard to implement?