Re: gEDA-user: multi-part symbols [was: OGDI]

Hi Carlos,

[snip]
>I think it would be easier to do the following:
>  - get symbols inside symbols working. It doesn't seem so difficult...

	Yeah, but I'm sure there are conditions that aren't handled
properly.  This sort of change is quite risky, but possible if things
are tested sufficiently.

>  - modify a bit the symbol fileformat, so we can define to use, for
>example, one symbol for slot 1, another one for slot 2 and 3, the last
>one for slot 4 and the correspondence between symbol's pins and part's
>pins.

	Please propose a simple syntax and maybe we can all come to
some sort of agreement.

>  - Inside gschem, load the right symbol each time there is a slot
>change (I think this is better than loading all symbols once at the
>beginning).

	Also a fundimental change with risk associated with it.
However, being able to create hetrogenous symbols with slotting would
be nice.

								-Ales