gEDA-user: PCB text/symbol sizes

Hello,

(Resent from correct (subscribed) address, apologies if it's received
more than once)

I'm trying to adjust the size of text on a board, as I need a minimum
10mil silk layer line thickness and the default has 8mil lines.  I'm
using version 20050609.

I tried changing the thickness parameter in all the SymbolLines in my
.pcb file to 1000 (they start at 800), but that had no effect; changing
it to 2000 did change the thickness to (ie 10 mils).

Looking at the source I can see what's happening, but JOOI why is the
number in the SymbolLine not an actual thickness?

Cheers,

Chris