Re: gEDA-user: Outstanding improvement tasks

On Friday 03 March 2006 15:48, Al Davis wrote:
> I think the biggest weakness of the gEDA system is the
> integration between tools.

I second this, specially the schematic, simulator, waveform connection. qucs
has some nice features to learn from.

Since geda use guile as its glue language, one could take the cadence way to
generate a middle-layer with loads of callbacks to have a generic simulator
interface that can be customized for each simulator. I think this is a
dead-end, but the biggest vendor in the industry believes in it so it must be
true....

--
Svenn