Re: gEDA-user: pcb footprint creation: Soldermask clearance

Phil Taylor wrote:

> I've been polling.  You both have been outspoken on footprint creation, so to
> speak.

I have done only one footprint from scratch and modified the massive
amount of three. So I did not feel like I could contribute a stable
opinion.

> Do you make footprints in a text editor or just on-screen?

Both.
I took a five pin connector from the library and moved the pads
on-screen according to the data sheet. When pcb did not allow me to det
the first pad to square, I took an editor and looked into the
"footprint-source". For some reason the status parameter of the pads
contained a string instead of a number. So I set this parameter to the
proper square value with the editor. This is when I discovered that the
syntax reference in the pcb manual was not quit in step with my version
of pcb.
I Think, I will prefer doing my footprints with the GUI. Since I do
mainly analog circuitry, the pincount (padcount?) of my footprints is
rarely beyond 14.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak