Re: gEDA-user: basic anti-EMI design q

On 3/25/06, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Assuming a resistive load both points are at zero voltage.
>
> Half of them drive relays (furnace), the other half drive small motors
> (zone valves).  The relays and motors are all different sizes, too.

You may want to test your existing board on the bench with a single relay
and a single motor and make some noise measurements.

> > Since you may want to measure noise on your new board you may want
> > to add holes for some Johnson jacks at critcal points. These jacks
> > are fairly small.
>
> Sigh, too small.  My probes wouldn't fit.

Sometimes when I needed to make noise measurements on boards where I did not
have an RF jack I would place two Vector pins (K24A) spaced so that the ground
sleeve of the probe would rest against one and the tip would rest
against the other.
The K24A pins pressfit in an 0.040 hole.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org