Re: gEDA-user: basic anti-EMI design q

John Luciani wrote:

Sometimes when I needed to make noise measurements on boards where I did not
have an RF jack I would place two Vector pins (K24A) spaced so that the ground
sleeve of the probe would rest against one and the tip would rest
against the other.
The K24A pins pressfit in an 0.040 hole.

How about ground pin next to plated thru hole for tip?

Also worth shorting tip to shield to remote ground to check that the
CRO has enough common mode rejection to make the measurement meaningful.

Some CRO's cannot do this.
john.