gEDA-user: pcb, optimize rats nest with polygon

Hello,

I have a small one-sided layout in which I use a polygon for ground. All
ground pins are connected to the polygon. I have some footprints with a
big clearance to make hand-soldering easier. The clearance is so big,
that there is no connection between two regions of the ground-polygon.
Regardless of this, when I hit "O" the log tells me "the layout is
complete". Is this normal? How can I avoid this? Maybe it is alredy
fixed? I am using

version 20050609
Compiled on Jan 23 2006 at 13:44:02

Thank you for every hint.