Re: gEDA-user: pcb, optimize rats nest with polygon

Lars Friedrich wrote:

> that there is no connection between two regions of the ground-polygon.
> Regardless of this, when I hit "O" the log tells me "the layout is
> complete". Is this normal?

Yes.
There is currently no check for "unconnected copper".

> How can I avoid this?

Don't rely on polygons for an electrical connection. Use tracks instead.
That said, it is your responsibility to make sure, that all parts of the
polygon are actually connected. On two sided layouts I'd place vias to a
ground plane on the other side.  On a one-sided layout jumper wires may
be an option.

> Maybe it is alredy fixed?

No.
At least ist wasn't when I asked a related question on this list a few
weeks ago.

---<(kaimartin)>---

--
Kai-Martin Knaak