Re: gEDA-user: pcb, optimize rats nest with polygon

I'd like to lodge a bit of a complaint before I ask my question. That way I also will not be berated as much for my question. The complaint is:

I really wish you guys would make sure to name your software things that are searchable. Searching for "two sided pcb" or "two sided pcb editor" turns up half a million hits that have nothing at all to do with the software named "pcb". (I have a similar problem/complaint with the CAS software "maxima".)

Don't rely on polygons for an electrical connection. Use tracks instead.
That said, it is your responsibility to make sure, that all parts of the
polygon are actually connected. On two sided layouts I'd place vias to a
ground plane on the other side.  On a one-sided layout jumper wires may
be an option.

Now to my question: How do you get pcb to create a two sided circuit board? If I auto-route, it routes on all kinds of layers. I haven't yet found in the manual or searching what exactly to configure to create a circuit board where the components are on the top and the connections are on the bottom.

Thanks!
David Logan