Re: gEDA-user: [pcb] overlapping pin/pad -- won't form thermal

On Mon, 2008-03-10 at 16:16 -0800, Dave N6NZ wrote:
> DJ Delorie wrote:
> >> PCB needs first class support for oblong through-holes.
> >
> > Yup.  I've talked about a "multi-pin" before; this is a pin with
> > arbitrary shaped copper/soldermask/etc on each layer.
> >
> Yes, when you get to multi layer boards you often want a different
> annulus on inner layers.

> I think it's time to think about an expansion to the footprint grammar
> to support more sophisticated pins and also more sophisticated paste specs.

I want it on 2-layer boards too, but this is a different case...

I've got power terminals which want 5mm clearance to a ground plane, but
I don't really want a thermal with its tendrils extending that far out.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,
Engineering Department,