Re: gEDA-user: PC emulator and HDL

Steve Williams wrote:
Let me see if I can summarize.

- You want to simulate a device that attaches to a parallel port,
and you want to write that simulation in jHDL or Verilog.

- You want to hook that simulation up to a PC emulator so that you
can write the *real* device driver for your simulated device, and
use that as the test bench.

Steve you are my hero :). thank you very much , I think you got it correctly.

Kool idea.

Personally, all my devices are either PCI-* or USB, but linking
an emulated parallel port to a simulator would be an easier first
project and would demonstrate the idea nicely. The passage of
time is going to be an interesting one for you.

I already, remove the dust from my  old  codes and made it up and running again, as i made the first proof of concept from about 5 monthes then got stuck in the term exams,  i  will begin  to work  on it again,  I have  a little time because of the school courses, but i'll try to get out with a working prototype as soon as i can.

Best regards,
asayed