Re: gEDA-user: Asking questions, obtaining answers ...

On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:55:46 -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:

> For us, however, it may represent a lot of maintainence work.  We're a
> small project with a finite  number of developers whose time is already
> streched between family, work, other activities, and gEDA.

The idea is to expand the community and broaden the pool of potential
aides. The project might profit from more users like me -- I wouldn't
call myself a developer, but gladly answer usage questions on the mailing
list...

> However,maintaining a BBS means administering the box or finding
> hosting.

I could install a message board on one of my webspaces. Shared hosting
has become pretty cheap these days. However, I don't like a separate www
forum for users, if only because of all the maintenance issues you
mentioned.

How about a slight modification of the idea: Put a link to a web based
email form in the help menu. The email address would be hard wired to the
user mailing list. No changes to the existing infra structure.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog