Re: gEDA-user: Asking questions, obtaining answers ...

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 22:56 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008 17:55:46 -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:

> How about a slight modification of the idea: Put a link to a web based
> email form in the help menu. The email address would be hard wired to the
> user mailing list. No changes to the existing infra structure.

Does the "right thing" happen the first time a user emails that address
without being signed up to the mailing list? (Having signed up before my
first posting, I don't know the answer myself).

The main benefit of an "answers" database type system, is that users can
see existing questions before asking. If they are new signups to the
email list, they WILL ask the same questions over and over.

Try this:

https://answers.launchpad.net/inkscape/+addquestion

Type in the box, "Bitmap output antialiasing settings" (as an example
I've tested).

User will see their question may already have been answered - before
they are allowed to proceed asking a new one.

The searches for existing answers work without a launchpad account, but
you can't use the:

Try: https://answers.launchpad.net/inkscape/]

Best wishes,
--