Re: gEDA-user: Asking questions, obtaining answers ...

On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 19:31 -0400, Stuart Brorson wrote:
> >> FWIW, somebody already signed gEDA up for a Launchpad acct:
> >
> > Peter B and I keep it up to date. It was originally registered by one of
> > the gEDA users, but we (the gEDA developers) staged a coup. The reason
> > we cared, was that Launchpad provides a very neat mechanism for
> > translators to work in a less technical manner, allowing wider
> > contribution.
>
> I just signed up as a developer & Peter B approved me.  Thanks!
>
> >> Therefore, it's probably a simple matter of activating the "answers:
> >> thingie and embedding a link into each app.....
> >
> > Yep.. just wanted to get a feel for whether people liked the idea or not
> > - both users and developers.
>
> I think it's a great idea!  To me, it seems much more newbie friendly
> than the e-mail list.  Kinda like Ubuntu vs. my old SuSE box.  Welcome
> to the new face of Linux.......

In the spirit of SPAM, I've just signed up the gEDA administrators group
to be an answer contact - so we get emailed if anyone asks a question.

If people in this group don't like that idea, or the traffic grows too
much, we can perhaps probably create another group for geda-questions or
similar.

NB.. AFAIK the answers app doesn't need switching on.. just no one has
used it yet. I'll keep any eye myself, as its not good for our image if
people do use it and questions go unanswered.

Best wishes,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,