Re: gEDA-user: Meaning of --with-x and --without-gui for pcb

> --with-x                use the X Window System

This is an artifact of asking autoconf to find where all the X
libraries and such are.  We don't put it in ourselves.

>        --without-gui       = specifies that no GUI will be built.  This
>
> So --without-gui in mentioned in INSTALL but not recognized by
> configure?

It is recognized by configure still.  You get a pcb with no gui at
all, which is only useful if you want to use the exporters.  However,
these days, it's better to configure with the "batch" gui, as you get
fewer warning messages when running pcb.