Re: gEDA-user: Meaning of --with-x and --without-gui for pcb

On Sun, 2009-03-01 at 14:42 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > --with-x                use the X Window System
>
> This is an artifact of asking autoconf to find where all the X
> libraries and such are.  We don't put it in ourselves.
>
> >        --without-gui       = specifies that no GUI will be built.  This
> >
> > So --without-gui in mentioned in INSTALL but not recognized by
> > configure?
>
> It is recognized by configure still.  You get a pcb with no gui at
> all, which is only useful if you want to use the exporters.  However,
> these days, it's better to configure with the "batch" gui, as you get
> fewer warning messages when running pcb.

Thanks.

Do you know something about libstroke for PCB?

In NEWS support is mentioned, but I guess it is not used anymore in
current stable PCB 20081128 ?

And maybe about xrender: Is this an option for GTK and/or
motif/openmotif/lesstif GUI.

Please excuse my ignorance.

Stefan