Re: gEDA-user: PCB, configure: error: batch is not a valid gui

Stefan Salewski wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 14:26 -0500, DJ Delorie wrote:
>>> stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/geda/pcb-20081128 $ ls src/hid/batch/
>>> batch.c  batch_lists.h
>>> stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/geda/pcb-20081128 $
>>>
>>> There is no hid.conf
>> Then you have an incomplete source tree.  That hid.conf was added in
>> May 2006 when the batch HID was added.
>>

> Indeed, in the git tree I see
>
> src/hid/batch/hid.conf containing this line:
>
>    1 type=gui
>
> But in the 20081128 latest PCB snapshot it is missing.
>
> In config.log it is mentioned.

>         * src/: Makefile.am, Makefile.in, hid/batch/batch.c,
>           hid/batch/hid.conf: Add batch-mode HID.
>
> Such files do exist in the snapshot tree, but only in other directories.
>
> stefan@AMD64-X2 ~/geda/pcb-20081128 $ grep type=gui */*/*/*
> src/hid/gtk/hid.conf:type=gui
> src/hid/lesstif/hid.conf:type=gui
>
> So the latest snapshot made by
>
> http://www.seul.org/pipermail/geda-announce/2008-November/thread.html
>
> is broken.

thats because when that file was added it didn't get added to the list
of files which go into the distribution file.  I fixed it in git this
afternoon and although I didn't fix my release procedure I left a big
note in the procedure stating what needs fixing up to catch errors like
this in the future.

-Dan