Re: gEDA-user: Thindraw and the HID interface... [WAS: Re: pcb segmentation fault]

Peter C.J. Clifton wrote:
ust throwing another GUI idea in the works.. something IC design packages
> use it would seem: Fill stipple patterns. Those might be useful to mark out
> island removed areas, keepouts / pour filled regions which haven't yet been
> calculated.
>
> I guess any use of patterning ought to make use of judicioulsy chosen
> defaults. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to teach / help people
> if every class of object could have its drawing modes completely redefined.

I think chip design fill patterns are used so you can have transparency
effects when printed on paper and see the most layers.  I'd stick with whatever
the GUI toolkit allows and not make any from scratch since it is most valuable
for zoomed in view of things -- for transmission line effects and capacitance models,
not ordinary layout.

John
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX