Re: gEDA-user: GSchem in CMOS Analog IC context?

On Mar 8, 2009, at 1:12 PM, daledouglas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

John,

You've hit the nail on the head: I'm trying to usurp a Cadence flow for a high frequency continuous time analog design. As such, I have a lot of problems to overcome, but a rough order looks something like:

1) download/build GSchem
2) find/build symbol library for TSMC XXX

The stock symbols shipped with gEDA are fine for this purpose, I think. For PCB layout I customize them, but for ASIC I mostly just attach attributes to library symbol instances.

Have a look at this circuit:

The only custom symbol (embedded) is the company printframe: all of the others are gEDA library symbols. So your library is already there, I think.

3) find a way to convert netlist to Spice format compatible w/TSMC parameterization (W,L,f,m,Corners)

For the sample, the command is:

gnetlist -g spice-sdb --nomunge -o Comparator.cir Comparator.sch

You seem to be using parameters in a more elaborate way than I, so you may run into limits that I don't know about. Consult with Stuart here: he's very good about quickly fixing spice-sdb (thanks again for that critical one a couple of years ago, Stuart!).

4) find a way to do Monte Carlo, even if only with deltaVTH numbers from Pelgrom or Kinget

Another one of Stuart's interests.

.
.

This is where, in my flow, the information disappears into a different contractor's hands.

.
99) find/build robust open source LVS flow

For me, it reemerges as a parameter extracted netlist whose behavior I attempt to verify with SPICE (at ~1 day/us).

Yesterday I did #1. Today I'm working on #2. I would love to get a copy of the OpenIP library, thank you.

Not complete or tested. Please review.

Are you saying that #3 is going to be harder than just downloading/ building GNetlist?

Not sure. What you want seems a bit more ambitious than I have tried so far. Still, I have working silicon, now baselined to fly on ASTRO- H in 2013 (http://astro-h.isas.jaxa.jp/).

Many thanks,
Dale Douglas
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/2/184/925