Re: gEDA-user: How to fit REFDES on PCB with Hierarchy

On Mar 9, 2009, at 11:50 AM, Larry Doolittle wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 12:40:47PM -0500, John Griessen wrote:
>> Its hard to pick a set of single letter names to use as instance
>> names to use with a ""
>> separator, since so many are "used up" by first letters of
>> component names: Cap Diode Fuse J(connector) L(inductor)
>> Q(transistor) Resistor Terminal U(IC) Varactor Xtal
>
> X is sometimes used, since the proper designation for a crystal is Y.

I use X, since it also works for SPICE hierarchy. But who says the
"proper" designation for a crystal is "Y". Who says *they're* the
proper authority? Turtles all the way down, I suppose, but I've seen
X often enough there that it communicates. Not enough letters, I'm
tempted to use Kanji ;-)

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx